A Guest Room Makeover Inspired by Fresh Spring Skiing
Michelle from 4 Men 1 Lady transforms her messy "dumping room" into an inviting guest room with an easy DIY projects - from a headboard and a bed skirt, to a breezy cleanup.
1. First, Michelle had The Home Depot cut down her MDF (for free) to 40 x 40 inches. She also had them cut down 1"W x 2"H boards in order to run the length of the top and two sides of the board.
2. She then used wood glue and wood screws to attach the 1" x 2" boards to the MDF board. (This is optional. She only did this to give her board the appearance of being a thicker depth).
3. Next, Michelle used spray adhesive to adhere foam to the front of the board.
4. The next step was to lay a layer of batting over the foam and cover it with fabric.
5. On the back side of the head board, pull the batting and fabric taut and then use a staple gun to secure them to the board. Work your way from the center out.
6. (Optional) Michelle used nailhead trim that comes pre hooked together. She has also used individual upholstery nail head tacks but they take some learning to get them lined up straight. Using a level, she penciled in a straight line as a guide. With the nailhead trim you only have to nail in every 5th tack.
It looked worlds better to have something to frame the bed but it still left a lot to be desired. She could see it really needed a bed skirt, which she easily made by measuring fabric, using hem tape, and stapling directly to the box spring.
Home Office Makeover: From Spare Room to Mixed Modern Workspace
Clever Closet Organization and Cleaning DIY Project
Pillows Can Make a Great Color Statement in Any Room
Transform an Empty Candle Holder into a Lovely Planter
A Unique and Thrifty DIY Mirror Project that will Brighten Any Guest Room
Paint Like a Pro and Pull-off this One-of-a-Kind Accent Wall
Pantry Clean Up and Spruce Up
An Old Chest Gets Cleaned Up and Dressed Up
Bring Spring into Any Room with These Stylish Painted Mason Jar Vases
Bring the Outside into Your Living Room
A Fresh Way to Hang Flowers
A Dining Room In Need of a Centerpiece of Attention
Mud Room Gets a Makeover